Wednesday, December 01, 2010

The Christmas Season brings back Memories

Istijlál (Majesty), 10 Qawl (Speech), 167 BE – Wednesday, December 1, 2010 about 8:35 PM Pacific Time

I no longer celebrate Christmas. The gift giving time for me is February 26 to March 1, but the Christmas Season brings back memories. I have both good memories and bad memories of Christmas. I was born on December 24, so I have mixed memories of Christmas because of the accident of my birthday.

Today a couple of things reminded that this is the Christmas Season. I stopped at Smith’s Food and Drug to see if one of my prescriptions was ready and in front of the store, I saw a Salvation Army Bell Ringer. Tonight when I returned to the living room after checking on Mom, I glanced out the window. The neighbors across the street have their house decorated for Christmas.

Mom always enjoyed driving around Las Vegas and looking at the Christmas lights. It’s been a while since we did that, but this year I think I’ll take her out to look at the Christmas lights. I have a full tank of gas and the fluids in my car are all right. The only issues are the cold weather and one of the front tires on my car it looses air. I’m a member of AAA and I have a cell phone, so Mom and I should be all right.

No comments: