Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It Rained all day in Las Vegas

‘Idál (Justice), 11 Masá’il (Questions), 167 BE – Wednesday, December 22, 2010 about 3:32 PM Pacific Time

I remember a song from my childhood. One of the lines went something like this “It rained all night the day I left.” Today it rained all day in Las Vegas and I didn’t go anywhere. I stayed home and watched the rain. Sometimes the rain was gentle. Sometimes it rained hard. Sometimes the rain paused, but the clouds were still there and I knew the rain would soon start again.

This morning, I took a bag of trash to the garage. I decided not to take the trashcan to the curb because of the rain. The only thing I did was wake far enough down the driveway to pick up the morning paper. Even though the delivery guy put the paper in a plastic bag, the paper was wet. It wasn’t completely soaked, it was just wet enough to prevent me from reading it until the paper dried.

I think the paper is sufficiently dry for me to read the comics. The front page didn’t get wet, but the section with the comics got wet. This isn’t the first time this has happened. Every time it rains long or hard enough for the paper to get wet, always the comic section gets wet.

No comments: