Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I put a new mattress on my mother’s bed

Fidál (Grace), 17 Masá’il (Questions), 167 BE – Tuesday, December 28, 2010 about 2:12 PM Pacific Time

I put a new mattress on my mother’s bed today. It’s one of those mattress covered with plastic, so that it can be washed off with a wet rag. It wasn’t as difficult as I thought, even with the osteoarthritis in my right knee.

I put the old mattress in Mom’s vanity room temporarily. Eventually, I’ll have to take it out to the curb, but I think I’ll wait until Saturday. I’ll take it out to the garage either this evening or on Wednesday morning.

Mom wasn’t upset about me changing her mattress. I don’t think she even knew I changed the mattress on her bed. When I showed her the mattress, she was upset because the bed wasn’t made, but she didn’t seem to realize she had a different mattress. I think that has to do with her short-term memory issues.

No comments: