Saturday, March 06, 2010

My mother's birthday is March 19

Jalál (Glory), 5 ‘Alá (Loftiness), 166 BE – Saturday, March 6, 2010 about 3:09 PM Pacific Time

My mother turns 89 on March 19, 2010, I'm not sure how we're going to celebrate. I'm not sure if Mom even wants to celebrate her 89th birthday. When we discuss the subject, sometimes Mom wants to celebrate and sometimes she doesn't want to celebrate her birthday.

Mom has some medical issues, one of which is Alzheimer's disease. It's the early stages and she is taking medication, that seems to be helping. Still Mom gets upset when she forgets where she put an item and sometimes I can't figure out where she put the item. I have found some stuff she puts away in some of the oddest places, but I think that's to be expected under the circumstances.

I think celebrating Mom's birthday would do us both good, I just don't know where to celebrate it at this time. Maybe I'll take Mom some place that has nice deserts, Mom like ice cream, pie, and cake. If I take her somewhere with good deserts we can eat desert before the main course. I don't think Mom's every had desert first, so that might be a nice way to celebrate.

No comments: