Friday, March 19, 2010

Excessive Wind Warnings in Las Vegas

Istiqlál (Independence), 18 ‘Alá (Loftiness), 166 BE - Friday, March 19, 2010 about 1:30 PM Pacific Time

We had excessive wind warnings in Las Vegas yesterday. The wind didn't start blowing until after we came home from the DMV, which is good because I don't like walking in the wind. We didn't walk to the DMV, but we walked from the car into the building and we had to park a long ways from the door.

The wind knocked the power out last night, it's weird setting in the house in the dark. I don't know how long the power was out, it seemed like a long time. I did find out I have to buy batteries for the flashlight and for my alarm clock. The alarm clock is electric, but it has a battery back up. I didn't put batteries in the clock when I plugged it into the electricity.

Wind blows through the trees
Limbs caress the power lines
Electricity out

No comments: