Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Midweek reflections on March 10, 2010

It's been a long and difficulty day because Mom had a difficult morning. The afternoon is a little better, but not much. Part of the problem is the clouds hiding the sun; I've discovered that Mom has a more difficult time on a cloudy day because the lack of sunshine seems to effect her mood.

Mom has Alzheimer's so she has good days and bad days; good mornings and bad morning, etc. Mom can wake up in a good mood and her mood changes suddenly; I get no warning until she gets angry over something, the Alzheimer's meds help, but their not a cure.

I'm gong to have to talk to Mom's doctor at the next appointment. I need to know why cloudy days seem to make her mood worse. I don't understand why lack of sunshine should make Mom's mood worse and her day more difficult. This afternoon, she is in a better mood, but I'm not sure for how long. I hope that it last the rest of the day.

No comments: