Monday, June 02, 2008

Grandeur is coming to an end

Kamál (Perfection), 17 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 165 B.E. – Monday, June 2, 2008 about 6:49 PM PDT

The month of 'Azamat (Grandeur) is coming to an end, on the evening of June 4 at about sunset the month of Nur (Light) begins. The Feast of Nur will occur at about 7:30 PM in the home of a friend. "God willing and the creeks don't rise" I am going to the Feast of Nur.

I didn't go to the Feast of 'Azamat because I spent the entire evening and most of the next day with the dry heaves. I picked up a 24-hour bug from someplace. I know it was a 24-hour bug because precisely 24 hours after they begin they ended.

As I said, "God willing and the creeks don't rise" I am going to the Feast of Nur. Of course, in Las Vegas it isn't the creeks rising that you have to worry about. The problem here is clogged storm drains, backing the water up across the streets. I don't think there is any rain expected in the near future, all though, we could have some broken water mains that could flood the streets.

I'm looking forward to going to the Feast. I'm not sure with portion I enjoy the most, that usually depends on how I'm feeling the night of the Feast. Usually I enjoy the spiritual portion and the readings from the scriptures most, but the other two portions are nice also. There is always a spiritual feeling about the entire feast no matter where it is held.

No comments: