Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Second Quarter of 2008

Jamál (Beauty), 16 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 165 B.E. – Sunday, June 1, 2008 about 10:16 AM PDT

The second quarter of 2008 seems to be going well. I have learned a great deal about myself. For one thing, I apparently get board easily, especially when it comes to posting specific topics on specific days. I can do it for a week or two at a time, but then my muse wants to take a vacation and find something more interesting to write. I am going to continue using the themed entries I chose, just not on specific days. I will also intermingle other entries.

Another thing I found out about myself and my muse concerns worry. Worrying and fretting about a situation interferes with my writing as well. I have decided to handle the worrying with prayer. When I find myself worrying about something, I will stop and say a prayer. I will use one of the prayers revealed by either Baha'u'llah or the Bab. In fact, I think I will compile a prayer document.

The first step is to make an entry in my offline journal Writing My Spiritual Journey. I will put what I am worried about at the time and the prayer I decide to use. I will see at the end of June what writing I get done and what prayers say for each worry situation. I know most of the things I worry about, but it will be interesting to keep a written record for the next 30 days to see what changes occur in that pattern when I consciously apply prayer.

No comments: