Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Grandfather and the Price of Gas

‘Idál (Justice), 2 Rahmat (Mercy), 165 BE – Wednesday, June 25, 2008 about 6:23 PM PDT

My grandfather would be out raged at the price of gas. I can remember Grandpa griping when the price raised from $0.50 per gallon to $0.75 per gallon. I bought gas last night and the price was $4.19 per gallon. My Toyota Camry had about a quarter of a tank of gas, I bought $30.00 and it didn't fill the tank. The gage now reads three-quarter's full, if the tank had been empty it would read about half full. I can remember when I could put $20.00 in gas in the tank and the gage would read full.

I'm doing something I thought I would never do when I ways young. I'm writing "I can remember when ...". I remember my grandparents and parents saying that, when I heard them I would smile. I would also think "I'm not going to say that when I grow up." Well, I'm saying it.

The weird thing is, I paid $4.19 per gallon for gas last night. This morning I made an entry in my gratitude journal. I wrote "I give thanks that I only paid $4.19 per gallon for gas last night." I am grateful that I only paid $4.19 per gallon for gas. However, there was a time when I would have griped for a week about paying that much for gas. Now I gripe because my dial-up internet connection disconnects in the middle of a blog entry. Every generation gripes, they just gripe about different things.

No comments: