Monday, June 30, 2008

I went to the dentist today

Kamál (Perfection), 7 Rahmat (Mercy), 165 BE – Monday, June 30, 2008 about 5:59 PM PDT

I went to the dentist today. I have good news and I have bad news. The good news first, I am going to get a complete set of new teeth. The bad new, I have to have all (or rather what is left) of my natural teeth extracted. For the first time in my life, I am looking forward to going to the dentist. For the first time in my life, I am looking forward to having teeth pulled.

I am excited. I am going to enjoy my new teeth. I am going to say good-bye to my natural teeth. I am not worried about having problems with my new dentures, because both my grandparents had a full set of dentures and they had no problems at all. My grandmother always took her teeth out and put them in a glass at night. My grandfather did not take his teeth out at night. He took them out and brushed them every morning and evening, but he slept with them in his mouth.

I am not sure how to say good-bye to my natural teeth. I think I will write a poem and a story about them. After I get my new teeth, I am going to take them out on a date. When I get my new teeth, I am going out for prime rib.

Teeth in a glass sounds like a good name for a poem. Dating my dentures sounds like a good name for a story. All right, I am having fun with this. My mother always told me not to play with my food, but she never said anything about playing with my teeth.

No comments: