Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Difficult Day

Jamál (Beauty), 6 Rahmat (Mercy), 165 BE – Sunday, June 29, 2008 2:46 PM PDT

Why are Sundays so difficult?

I don't remember Sundays being difficult,
when I was growing up.

I remember the Sunday dinners
my Grandmother made,
we didn't have a big breakfast on Sunday
because Grandma made fried chicken,
with mashed potatoes and gravy
and pie for desert.

My Grandmother did the cooking
and we helped after going home from church;
Grandma went to church with us
and still made a big Sunday dinner.

Sunday wasn't difficult for her
even with the big dinner and dish washer afterwards;
we prayed and played;
perhaps that is the secret -
I pray everyday,
but I don't play on Sunday.

Perhaps
if I both prayed and played on Sunday,
Sunday wouldn't be so difficult.

No comments: