Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Life is a Ditzy Internet Connection

8 'Ilm 164 B.E. - Tuesday, October 23, 2007 about 10:04 AM PDT

It's windy in Las Vegas and my phone connection to my Internet provider is acting up more than usual. I realized this morning that's how life is sometimes. There are moments in my life when I'm suddenly disconnected the the Source of faith and inspiration. In those moments my life falls apart.

Connecting to the Source

When I'm disconnected from the Source, the fault is mine. In times of disconnection I find that I allow material details to come between myself and God. In those time I need to reconnect and reconnect immediately with God. How do I reconnect? Through prayer and meditation.

The prayers and scriptures revealed by Baha'u'llah and the Bab are excellent reconnectors. I can sit down, read or recite a prayer and feel the presence of the Holy Spirit. I like to meditate and use the prayers of the Bab and Baha'u'llah during those times of disconnection. The reason is that I've found them the quickest way to become reconnect with the Source.

No comments: