Sunday, October 07, 2007

Work Schedule

12 Mashiyyat 164 B.E. - Saturday, October 7, 2007 about 8:28 PM PDT

I'm going to have to set up specific time for Internet, writing and other work. I've tried getting everything in without a schedule and it isn't working. I can't seem to get everything in, I'm not worrying about getting everything done. If I just "keep plugging away" I'll eventually get the important stuff accomplished. It's not that I have a social life anyway. My social life lately has consisted in taking my mother to doctors appointments and Feasts. We (Mom and I) did go out to eat on Monday, but that's the first time we've been to a "sit down" restaurant in a long time.

This month my social life improves a bit. The Interfaith Forums 2007 starts on the evening of October 14, then on the evening of the 15th I'll go to feast. There is a holy day celebration on the evening of the 19th or is it the 20th, I don't have a calendar near me right now. The 20th is the Birth of the Bab, so I think the celebration is on the evening of the 19th. What else is going on in October?

On October 31 I celebrate joining writing.com, also that is Nevada Day and Halloween. I'm not sure that I'm going to be home that night. I usually don't stay home for "Tricker Treaters" because we never have a lot of them and I usually have candy left over. The last thing I need is more candy in this house. I've still got a box of candy in the refrigerator that I received back in April or was it May. Maybe we ought to finish that candy off in the next few day. I think I will get some Candy Corn, I always like those and Halloween is the only time I can find them.

November is NaNoWriMo, I'm planning the novel this month. I don't have a lot more to go only the scenes in the chapters. I have the main characters planned and the conflict figured out. I have to write one sentence about the scenes I want to put in, the first chapter scenes are figured out. I can't actually start writing the novel until November 1. The idea is to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. The daily word count goal is 1,667 beginning the first of November.

As for the work schedule, I think I'll keep early morning and late evening for writing and surfing. The daylight hours for other chores and going out of the house; of course, there will be times when I can't write or surf at night because of commitments such as Feast, etc. This should work fairly well, especially if I expected interruptions and down time. As long as I keep a mental list of other things to do or a prayer book handy during the down time there won't be a big problem.

No comments: