Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Transformation the Theme of this Blog

2 'Ilm 164 B.E. - Tuesday, October 16, 2007 about 10:35 PM PDT

'Ilm, a new month has begun, a new nineteen day period to achieve the writing goals, the financial goals and the spiritual goals I've set for myself. That brought to mind the theme of this blog transformation and the butterfly. The butterfly is the symbol of both the soul and transformation.

The Butterfly and Transformation

The butterfly emerges from its cocoon a completely different creature from the larva that entered the pupa case. The larva was a creature of the earth, eating leaves and other plants to survive. The butterfly is a creature of the air, eating nectar. In the pupa case the larva goes through the transformation that creates the butterfly. This process isn't easy for the larva, it's stressful and difficult, but it's necessary for the larva to become a butterfly.

It's the same way with the human soul. The soul is a creation of God. It has the ability to reflect the attributes of God, but it can't do this without going through test and difficulties that bring out those attributes and let the soul fly.

Mashiyyat Stressful

Mashiyyat was a stressful month. Whether it was more stressful than any month since Baha begin 164 B.E. I'm not sure. It could be that the accumulation of stress finally got to me and I broke out in stress (literally). Anyway I decided that I'm going to do something about it and get the major problems solved that are causing the biggest stresses.

One thing I'm doing is setting aside specific times morning, afternoon and evening for prayer and meditation. I thought back to the period before all this stress started and realized that I no longer had specific time periods for prayer. I've usually gotten the obligatory prayer said, but I usually had to work it in my daily life instead of living my daily life so that I didn't have to "work it in". I've set A, B, and C priorities. The A priorities are spiritual and the other important goals are B priorities.

No comments: