Friday, October 12, 2007

Having a Few Mouse Problems

17 Mashiyyat 164 B.E. - Friday, October 12, 2007 about 9:02 PM PDT

I'm having a few mouse problems, not with the four legged type but with the computer mouse. It beeps and quits working. Which is a problem because I have to reboot the entire system after I figure out what the problem. The thing is I don't know why the mouse freezes up and won't work.

I've set the mouse keys so that I can use them when the numlock is off. That may fix the problem or part of it anyway. I don't know. I do know this is getting to be a pain. I never know when the mouse is going to freeze and the only warning I get is the beep. I turn the system off, I straighten the mouse cord out, I unplug the mouse and plug it back into the computer and hope it works. If it doesn't then I can't get back into the computer until the mouse works. I have my log in set to a password. If this keeps up I may have to discontinue the password until I get the problem solved or a new mouse.

I suppose now I'm going to have to start pricing mice as well as keyboards. Some of the keys stick periodically. I never know which key is going to stick until I find a letter missing in a word. That isn't a problem most of the time, still it could get irritating and the mouse situation isn't going to help. Maybe I'll go for a wireless mouse, I think my system will handle that. I'll have to check and see.

Oh well, that life one little thing after another. If you let them bother you then you're stressed. I guess the next the next piece of technology I get is a new mouse. I'll see if the mouse key solve part of the problem. My only question with the mouse keys is when I'm using them how do I high light and click onto item? That escapes me for the moment. I suppose the answer will come eventually and with a little research. Tonight however I'm going to do something else and worry about solving this problem tomorrow.

I know this whole situation with the mouse is a test. Tests assist in transformation and building faith. I just can't see how I can apply anything I learn solving the my mouse problems.

No comments: