Tuesday, October 30, 2007

An Interesting Eight Months

16 'Ilm 164 B.E. - Tuesday, October 30, 2007 about 9:58 PM PDT

It's been an interesting eight months. Alright, maybe interesting isn't the right word here. Stressful might be a better choice. My mother did her first load of laundry today since March. It actually wasn't a full load. It was two sheets, a pair of purple leg warmers, a pair of purple slacks and the bottoms to two pairs of shorty PJs. She put the cloths in the washer, then in the dryer and then folded them. She's well on her way to recovery.

I on the other hand feel as if I'm in labor. Of course, that's what the process of transformation is ... labor. It's giving birth to a new phase of life. That's how I feel, I suspect I'm on the verge of a new phase of my life. I'm excited and a bit nervous because I don't know exactly what to expect.

On November 12/13 it will be exactly nine months since I took Mom to the hospital. On November 19 it will be exactly nine months since her bowl resection. My life has changed drastically in may ways. I'm more aware of the world around me. I'm more aware of how my reactions and emotions effect other people. I'm more aware of a lot of things. Yes, it's been an interesting and stressful eight months.

No comments: