Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Writing My Spiritual Journey

2 Jalal 164 B.E. – Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Writing my spiritual journal is my off line journal. I created this journal originally to bring myself to account. Baha’u’llah tells us to bring ourselves to account each day. I thought that if I wrote it down it would help me change, I’m still thinking about that and determining if it is true. The off line journal has evolved since I began is a year or so ago. Now I am using it as a meditation journal in addition to bring myself to account. Beginning yesterday, I put a scripture verse from one of the Baha’I scriptures in the journal and write about my thoughts on the quote or the quote’s theme. In addition, I address a letter in it to Baha’u’llah.

Sometimes the letter has to do with what I did or didn’t do. Sometimes I just write about the events of the day. In today’s entry I gave thanks to Baha’u’llah for all the blessing showered upon my family. The only thing I know the day before making an entry in Writing my Spiritual Journey is the quote I’m going to write about. Anything else is chosen on the day I am supposed to write about it, so it really depends on when I write it what I write about.

I think I’ll close this entry now. I am hungry and don’t want to go see mom without eating something. The hospital is supposed to move her out of the Surgical ICU when a bed is available on another floor. So perhaps she will be moved by the time I get there.

No comments: