Thursday, April 12, 2007

Windy Thursday

4 Jalal 164 B.E. – Thursday, April 12, 2007

I went to see Mom this morning. When I went into the Rehabilitation Hospital she is at the wind was slight and the wind chill factor unnoticeable. When I left the wind had picked up to constant and heavy, the wind chill factor was cold bordering on icy. The wind blew all day, the stone pine limbs and the olive boughs were moving all day. In my backyard, the oleanders are in bloom. When I looked out my back windows the limbs of the oleanders appeared to be dancing.

I am allergic to both olive trees and oleanders. So naturally, my sinuses are acting up. A little more than acting up, they are stuff and it is difficult to breathe. In addition, to the wind it rained a bit. It rained just enough to get my car windows spotty. Despite all this, it is nice to have the wind blowing, to see the limbs of the trees moving at a constant rate and to have a little rain. A little more rain would be nice, so that we could have some of those May flowers that the poem talks about.

March winds
bring April showers
that bring May flowers.

O Lord,
thank you for the wind and the clouds
that cools the desert and brings April showers.

No comments: