Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Today’s Weather Forecast and an Update on my Mother

3 Jalal 164 B.E. - Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I just received the weather forecast for today. I’m subscribed to Channel 3’s weather and crime information news. The weather news gives me the weather forecast for the day, so I don’t have to watch the morning news. The crime news bulletin tells me about any crime going down in my neighborhood and the surrounding area. Today’s forecast calls for wind gust up to 40 mph. Those are strong winds. We’ve had a lot of wind lately. I’m thinking a lot more than in March (which is supposed to be the windy month). There hasn’t been a lot of rain though.

The temperatures here haven’t gotten into the triple digits yet, which is good. The longer temperature stays down the longer the air won’t come on. I turned the central air on either Sunday or Monday, but it hasn’t came on yet. The air conditioning company won’t be here until May 1 to do one of the yearly checks to see that air conditioning is working properly.

They moved my mother from the hospital yesterday to a Rehab center. She hasn’t been out of bed, for more than a thirty minutes or so, since her operation on March 19. They will get her back on her feet and walking before sending her home. She wants to come home right now, but she needs to wait a while. I don’t know how long she is going to be in the Rehab center, I probably won’t know until the end of this week.

The first day of Ridvan is Saturday, April 21. I’m planning to write a poem, about Baha’u’llah’s Declaration. I haven’t decided the approach I’m going to take yet. I written several poems about it, some have taken the whole twelve days to write, because I wrote a section each day. However, this year I don’t think I’m going to take that approach. In fact, I think I’ll take an entirely different approach this year. In past year’s I’ve written about the subject from a personal point of view, but this year I’m going to do more Research and use a different voice in the poem than in past years.

No comments: