Monday, April 30, 2007

Warmed Over Coffee and Intriguing Question

3 Jamal 164 B.E. – Monday, April 30, 2007

I ran out of filters for the drip coffee make, which doesn’t mean I can’t make coffee. I have the old fashion percolator as well. It’s just that I have coffee in the refrigerator already made, left over from the last week. You’d think that I wouldn’t have coffee left over, but there is a good reason for this. I’ve been using the drip maker and it turns itself off if I don’t pour coffee from it regularly. I forget how long I can let the coffee pot set on, before it turns itself off.

“Are the realities of the mind and spirit products of our brain?" Is a poll question on writing.com. I have to do research on this question before I can answer it full. It’s one of those questions that requires a person to investigate truth for themselves. Independent investigation of truth is necessary if the soul is to progress. A person can’t just take someone else’s word for something, rather a person investigates the scriptures and other sources and comes to his or her own conclusions.

I think ‘Abdu’l-Baha answers this question or a similar question. I’ll have to look and see. The book I’ll go to is Some Answered Question and then check Paris Talks. I’ll also check the writings of Baha’u’llah. I have a program on my computer that I put the topic in and it comes up with scripture references containing the words. After I find the references than I read them and meditate on them. Any question I have, I can go to the Writings of Baha’u’llah, the Bab or ‘Abdu’l-Baha and find the answer. I’ll put the references to this question in another post, so that anyone wanting to read them can find them for themselves.

I’ll post the answers close to the end of this week or the beginning of next week. Right now I’m trying not to use the computer too much during the day, the air conditioner doesn’t seem to be working at present and it’s getting hot in Vegas. The air conditioning guy comes tomorrow or Wednesday, so I’m getting on only early of a morning or late of an evening.

No comments: