Friday, April 13, 2007

Chocolate Cake, Microwaved Coffee and my Gratitude Journal

5 Jalal 164 B.E. – Friday, April 13, 2007

When I picked up food today, I received a chocolate cake. I had some coffee left over from this morning. Instead of dumping the coffee down the drain or putting it in the refrigerator with the other left over coffee, I heated it up in the microwave. Then I cut a piece of the chocolate bunt cake and eat it while I drink the coffee.

The interesting thing about heating coffee up in the microwave is that it gets so hot. I like hot coffee, but with a microwave you have to be careful, you don’t burn your tongue when you take the first sip of the coffee. I let the coffee cool a little while I ate a couple of bites of the cake. Well I have one thing for today’s entry in my gratitude journal.

I started a Gratitude Journal in 2006 in the month of Jalal. My gratitude journal is one year old. I’m celebrating its birthday by making an entry every day in Jalal. I’ve even given this journal a name, when I put something in the journal I address it as Dear Glory. Normally I make an entry into the journal once a week, on Thankful Thursday when I list ten things I’m thankful for during the week. I still make that entry, now I’m making daily entries as well. I don’t know if I’m going to keep the daily entries up when Jalal ends, I’ll have to consider the prose and cons. The non-thankful Thursday entries can be a minimum of three things I’m grateful for.

After the salutation in the journal I complete one of the following sentences.
Today I am thankful for …
Today I am grateful for …

No comments: