Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Blog House Keeping and Winter Topics

16 Jalal 164 B.E. - Tuesday, April 24, 2007

It’s been a while since I did any house keeping in this blog. I’ll delete all the 2005 entries. When I delete the entries from the blog I’ll save them to a CD. After saving the original’s I’ll rewrite the items that I think have potentional.

In my writing.com blog, I’ve almost reach 500 entries, which is the limit for that blog. I’m going to be starting a new blog there sometime in May. In addition, I’m going to theme my writing.com port. My handle on writing.com is Prosperous Snow, which is also the pen name I’ve started to use in the Las Vegas Poetry scene. Prosperous Snow is the meaning of my middle and first name. My first name means Snow and my middle name means Prosperous.

I’m going to close this entry by including a quote from ‘Abdu’l-Baha on winter and snow.

“Unless the season of winter appear, thunder roll, lightning flash, snow and rain fall, hail and frost descend and the intensity of cold execute its command, the season of the soul-refreshing spring would not come, the fragrant breeze would not waft, the moderation of temperature would not be realized, the roses and hyacinths would not grow, the surface of the earth would not become a delectable paradise, the trees would not bloom, neither would they bring forth fruits and leaves. That fierce inclemency of cold, snow, frost and tempest was the beginning of the manifestation of these roses, hyacinths, buds, blossoms and fruits.”
Abdu'l-Baha, Tablets of Abdu'l-Baha v3, p. 655

No comments: