Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Spiritual Services

9 Jalal 164 B.E. - Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I’m in the process of planning a spiritual service in my home. It’s going to start in May and occur every nineteen days. I thought about having it every week, but right now that’s not a good idea. Maybe later on this year or next I can raise it to every week. The steps to planning a service like this are easy enough.

First, is to decide on when and what time. I’m leaning toward either a Monday or a Wednesday right now, although I could have it on Tuesday, Saturday, or Sunday. However, with everything going on in my life, I think Monday or Wednesday would be best.

Second, decide on the themes. I’m going to have a different theme or subject for each service. Think the best was to start would be just prayers for a while. Have a prayer from the different faith traditions ready for people to read, if they didn’t already have a favorite or one to say.

Some of the themes I’m planning on are (1) healing, (2) prayers for America, (3) prayers for the world, and (4) prayers for the departed. I’m not sure in what order I’ll have them yet. There are several beautiful prayer from the Baha’i scriptures to open the services. Baha’u’llah revealed prayers for every contingency, so one the subject and theme is decided on then finding the prayers isn’t difficult. In addition I have a copy of OCEEAN on my computer. So finding an appropriate prayer in any faith tradition is should be simple enough. I think that’s all for now, I’ll post more on this when I’ve decided on the specific day.

No comments: