Friday, August 18, 2006

Power Breakfast

18 Kamal 163 B.E. - August 18, 2006 A.D.

Everybody has a different definition of a power breakfast. For some it is an early morning business meal, while others consider it bacon, eggs, hash browns, toast, and coffee. For me a power breakfast is dawn prayers. It is sitting on the patio as the sun rises over Frenchman's Mountain or Sunrise Mountain, with a prayer book reading the verses revealed by Baha'u'llah.

In the neighborhood I live in most backyards are enclosed, either by stone walls, wooden fences, or a combination of the two. Everyone has either a covered enclosed patio, a covered back porch and a pool, or a combination. I have a covered enclosed patio myself, so when I sit there it is private. The only things you can hear that early in the morning is a neighbor's dog barking, the roar fighter or a commercial jet, Metro's helicopter, or sirens echoing. When I sit on the patio of a morning, I am alone with my prayer book, my journal, and a bottle of water.

This morning when I sit out there it was chilly boarding on cold. Which is unusual for this time of year. Normally it's pleasant or warm bordering on hot. This morning I sit on the patio and read the Tablet of Ahmad, yesterday I read the dawn prayer as the sun rose above the eastern range of the Rocky Mountains. It is nice to sit on the patio reading prayers and then writing in my journal. I didn't write in my journal this morning because it was so chilly. In the morning I think I'll take a sweater out there with me, then I'll have something to cover my arms, so I can sit say prayers and write in my journal.

The days doesn't go well if I miss my power breakfast, without time for prayer of a morning the rest of the day is a complete loss. I get more done when I spend a little time with Baha'u'llah of a morning. I still have difficulties whether I say prayers or not, but if I don't pray of a morning then I take everything harder than when I say prayers.

No comments: