Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A Busy Day and Memories

2 Kamal 163 B.E. - August 2, 2006

It's been a busy day. I have the introduction completed to the Discussion Board Assignment and a draft of my part of the Group project. I posted the draft to the small groups discussion board. It took me a while to do both of those, now I have to finish the DB Assignment. Tomorrow evening I have a poetry reading to go to at the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. My mother and I are both going to be participating in the reading.

This was not what I had planned to write. I have a lot of prompts and I intended to write about in this blog. I was going to write on a prompt from one of my journal writing groups. The prompt that I planned to post was The Final Goodbye: Final goodbye's can be the hardest of all. Write about a final goodbye you've had in your life. 7/29/06 Prompt. I just couldn't decide on which final goodbye to write about. I've had a lot of final goodbye's in my life. I remember my Grandpa Newland laying in a hospital bed unconscious. He was dying of cancer or at least that's what the doctor said. Grandpa had lung cancer and he had smoked all his life. I remember him rolling his own cigarettes. He would buy tobacco in a small can, a pack of cigarette papers and he would roll his own and smoke them.

There are other things I remember about him as well. I remember he drink coffee all day long. He would make a pot of coffee in the morning and the pot would remain plugged in all day long. All day the coffee pot would set there with the basket of grounds still in it and the coffee getting stronger and stronger. Grandpa would drink the last cup of coffee before he went to bed at night. I learned to drink coffee from my Grandfather, maybe that's why I like my coffee so strong today. An other thing I remember about Grandpa, was his bald head. As far as I know my Grandfather was bald all his life. My mother says, that as a little girl she would set on his lap and rub his bald head.

No comments: