Monday, August 14, 2006

I Saw a Humming bird today

14 Kamal 163 B.E. - August 14, 2006


I saw a humming bird today. I looked out my living room window and there it was flying back and forth in on the other side of the glass. This is the second time in two weeks that I've seen a humming bird, fluttering outside that window. The last time I saw the bird, my cat didn't see it, but this time Lion saw the bird. He sit on the table, this is in front of the window, and watched the bird. He couldn't take his eyes off the little creature. The humming bird isn't the only unusual bird I've seen in the front yard lately.

Normally the only birds around here are mourning doves and sparrows, but lately there have been lots of different kinds of birds in the yard. There is a couple of pigeons flying in from somewhere to eat the olives, these two birds don't nest around here, but the come to eat the olives that fall off the tree. Besides the humming bird and pigeons, there is another larger bird that flies around here, I'm not sure what it is because I've never seen it before and I'm not a person who make a hobby of bird watching. However, the bird is larger than a sparrow and not as "fat" as a pigeon. It has nice tail feathers, it could be a nightingale, but I've never seen a nightingale so I don't know.

I saw a humming bird today,
its wings fluttering between the visible and invisible,
it flew outside my window.

No comments: