Thursday, August 03, 2006

My Favorite Prayers

3 Kamal 163 B.E. - August 3, 2006


Last night before I went to sleep, I said the Long Healing Prayer by Baha'u'llah, my favorite healing prayers. I have several favorite prayers, some of the prayers were revealed by Baha'u'llah or the Bab and some were written by 'Abdu'l-Baha. Some of the other prayers included in my list of favorites are The Remover of Difficulties and a prayer of protection both revealed by the Bab. The prayer of protection begins with "In the Name of God," and ends by asking God to protect us from everything we're exposed to all around us. Other favorite prayers by Baha'u'llah are the Tablet of Ahmad, the Tablet of Fire, the Short Obligatory prayer, the Long Obligatory Prayer, and Blessed is the Spot. My favorite prayers by 'Abdu'l-Bah are the Midnight prayer, the Prayer for America, and the Prayer for the Nineteen day Feast.

Each of the prayers is a favorite because of a different reason. The Long Healing Prayer is my favorite because it changes my negative thoughts into positive thoughts. When I'm down and I read it, my out look becomes more positive and I'm a happier person. It doesn't seem to matter when I say the prayer, because whenever I say it, I'm more relaxed and tranquil. If I say the prayer at night, before I go to bed, I sleep better. If I say it during the day, then my day goes better and I can handle stress easier. I stop looking on the negative and take the little road blocks that intervene between myself and my goals less personally. I enjoy going out on the patio and reading this prayer, actually I think I like reading it on the patio better than I do any place else. I don't have a specific place to pray and meditate, normally I pray in my room, but I also read prayers in the car before leaving the garage. In fact before backing the car out I usually say a prayer of protection. The prayer of protection I say before leaving the house is one of two revealed by Baha'u'llah, that request protection while away from home and to come back home safely.

No comments: