Friday, June 12, 2015

Not Foodie Friday: Moving and Murphy's Law

Istiqlal (Independence), 8 Núr (Light), 172 BE - Friday, June 12, 2015 5:55 am

I spent the last three days moving from one apartment to another. It wasn't a long move because I only moved from apartment two to three. It wasn't a traumatic move, but it was a bit weird. After I moved I realized I couldn't find the pill box containing my thyroid tablets. I didn't pick the box up before I left the apartment and one of the women helping me move put them in one of the moving boxes, but she could remember which one. I found the pill box on Wednesday afternoon so I was able to take the pill this morning.

The refrigerator in this apartment died, so it was replaced. The new refrigerator works, but for some reason the items don't feel cold to me, so I may have to turn it up a notch. I'll see how they feel tomorrow. It could be that the beverages haven't been in long enough for the entire bottles to get cold. Most of the bottles are large containers of fruit juice or soda. It could be that I like my juice to feel colder in late spring and summer.

Then the Cox tech was late arriving and my internet connection didn't get back up until later then I thought. After the tech left my router couldn't find the internet so I had to manually reboot that. I finally got back online and started catching up with the online commitments I have. I have not encountered a new problem, which I suspect has to do with the new furniture configuration in this apartment.

I put both computers on the same desk, which is a bit crowded, but at least I don't have to move half way across the room when I need to use the other computer. I also moved the location of the television. It is now on my right side instead of behind me. This makes watching the news a little easier. I missed watching the news on television. I don't think I missed watching too many other programs, but I will have to see about that when I get back into my news watching routine.

It feels weird having both computers on the same desk. It is a bit uncomfortable, at least I feel uncomfortable which could be caused by the new furniture configuration. The other desk is sitting across the room. Right now it has my coffeemaker on it, but I think I will move the coffeemaker into the kitchen and put the lamp on the desk. I can use the desk to hold books or for writing in my journal. I'm still sleeping on the loveseat, but I expect to begin sleeping my my bedroom as soon as I can get a bed or a recliner.

No comments: