Sunday, June 07, 2015

Spiritual Sunday: A Quiet Sunday Morning in Las Vegas

Jamal (Beauty), 3 Núr (Light), 172 BE - Sunday, June 7, 2015 10:55 am Pacific Daylight Time

The white and gray clouds that decorated the blue sky have departed. The sun is casting dark shadows across the sidewalk and street of Sunrise Avenue. The birds are no longer singing. I just heard a dog barking, but other then that are no other noises. It's a quiet morning in this part of Las Vegas.

People are walking up and down the street without shouting or arguing. It feels like Sunday morning. The neighborhood is tranquil and the neighbors are silent. There is a spiritual feeling about the day that doesn't occur very often in this neighborhood or in Las Vegas.


I intone God's Most Great Name,
I inhale the tranquility of Sunday morning,
A good beginning to the second week of June.


I just checked the temperature. According to a local news website it's 87 degrees. It doesn't feel like it's that warm. I'll have to close my front door because I'll have to turn the cool air on this afternoon. It's supposed to get up to 96 degrees today. I'm going to post this and then get off line because I have some housework to do today.

A spiritual Sunday
A feeling of tranquility
A good start to a new week.
 

No comments: