Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Tuesday's Topic: Summer in Las Vegas

Fidal (Grace), 19 ‘Núr (Light), 172 BE - Tuesday, June 23, 2015 about 5:58 pm Pacific Daylight Time

At 2:56 pm the temperature was 105 degrees. According the the predictions the temperature is supposed to reach 107 degrees before the sun descends behind Mount Charleston. I have remained in the house all day because of the heat. Don't get me wrong, I love Las Vegas, but the triple digit temperature get to me. Even carrying a bottle of ice water the temperatures still make me cranky.

I moved into a two bedroom apartment for a one bedroom (studio) apartment on June 9. It is much more difficult to keep a two bedroom apartment cool the a studio (one bedroom). I suspect it will be a bit more expensive to cool this place during the summer and heat it during the winter, but I will deal with the power bill when it comes in. My focus for the next few days is getting everything arranged the way I want it.

I don't have enough cabinet space in the kitchen. I'm too short to reach the top cabinets without a stool and even then it's difficult to get stuff down off the top shelves. I like the electric range because it's much easier to use then the one in the studio-one bedroom apartment next door. I don't know how the oven is because it doesn't work, but I expect the rental company to get someone out here to fix in in the next couple of weeks. It's not as if I'm desperate to cook any thing in the oven.

I have a microwave, which I haven't used since I moved in because I wanted to use my cookware set. The top of the stove works just fine with the cookware. All the burners work, but I only use one because that all I can focus on at once. It's been a long time since I have to cook several things on top of the stove at the same time. I'll have to approach that slowly.

The kitchen, like every other kitchen I've dealt with since moving to Las Vegas, is big enough for only one person wot work in at a time. As my mother would say there's not enough room in the kitchen to cuss a cat. No I don't know why anyone would want to cuss a cat in the kitchen anyplace else in a house because it doesn't do any good to cuss a cat. That's enough cliché for today. I'll close this now and get on with something else.

No comments: