Sunday, June 14, 2015

Spiritual Sunday: The Sound of Thunder is Angels bowling

Jamal (Beauty), 10 Núr (Light), 172 BE - Sunday, June 14, 2015 3:37 pm Pacific Daylight Time

I hear the sound of thunder
echoing through the street
so I know that somewhere lightning
is streaking through the sky.

It's going to rain here in Las Vegas because I hear the rumble of thunder. Thunder always makes me smile because it brings back memories of my childhood in Oklahoma. My grandparents, my mother's parents, are always featured in my Oklahoma memories. When I hear thunder I remember my Grandfather's words and I smile. Grandpa always said that thunder was the sound of angels bowling. At least I think it was my Grandpa, but it could just as easily have been Grandma who said it.

I like the idea of angels bowling because it makes the thunder less scary. It is not the thunder of a thunderstorm that a person should be afraid of, but the lightning and, in some cases, tornadoes. I just looked outside and saw the rainwater running down the street. I turned off the cool air and then opened my door and windows. I like the scent of rain in the afternoon.


Aroma of rain
the desert soil is thirsty
water floods Las Vegas streets

No comments: