Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Midweek Reflections on Chirping birds, wind, and writing

Idal (Justice), 7 Jalál (Glory), 172 BE - Wednesday, April 15, 2015 about 2:37 pm Pacific Daylight Time


A baby bird chirps
As wind blows the pine tree limbs
Rock-a-by baby

Last night the wind raged through Las Vegas. In some sections of town it knocked down trees and power lines. It did not do much damage on Sunrise Avenue. At least it did not do any noticeable damage. It did not knock the bird's nest out of the pine tree across the street. It did knock some dead palm fronds off the local palm trees, but I do not see many laying in the street so someone must have moved any that may cause difficulty for traffic.

Last night's horrid sound
Gave a momentary fright
While I sit and typed

I will continue to write and type as long as I have electricity and an internet connection. There is no use getting frightened when I can come up with a plausible reason especially when I have no intention of going out in the middle of the night to investigate. Since the electricity did not go off, the internet did no go down, and the roof did not fall in I continued working. I do not panic unless I have something to panic about.

I need batteries
Without electricity
My only illumination is my cellphone
 

No comments: