Friday, April 10, 2015

Foodie Friday: Tuna Whatever AKA Tuna Casserole

Istiqlal (Independence), 2 Jalál (Glory), 172 BE - Friday, April 10, 2015 about 1:06 pm Pacific Standard Time

Blogger's Note: I am a creative cook! I am a senior citizen surviving on a fixed income. I create my recipes with what I have in my house, which meas I do not always fix a recipe of any type in the way one expects. Today my lunch and possible dinner is a version of tuna casserole called Tuna Whatever.


Tuna Whatever

1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 can of tuna in water
2 cups of cooked macaroni or pasta
3 or 4 dashes of Mrs. Dashes Southwest Chipotle seasoning blend or whatever type of seasoning you want

Open the can of soup and then dump it in a sauce pan, electric skillet, or microwavable casserole dish. Measure in one can of water followed by the can of tuna and the seasoning of your choice. Heat this mixture either on top of the stove, in the electric skillet, or in the microwave. After this mixture is hot then add the 2 cups of pasta and anything else you think it needs. If you want to add cheese to it go right ahead; I no longer use cheese in my recipes because my doctor took it off my diet. I cut out the cheese because it is too difficult to figure out the amount of cheese I can eat on my diet. It is much easier measuring milk and cutting it down to a level my body can deal with.

No comments: