Friday, April 24, 2015

Foodie Friday: Pasta, Chicken, and Canned Vegetable

Istiqlal (Independence), 16 Jalál (Glory), 172 BE - Friday, April 24, 2015 about 11:50 am Pacific Daylight Time

I decided to have pasta, chicken, and canned vegetables this weekend. I'm staying in my apartment (unless someone calls and offers to take me out Saturday or Sunday) to get some housework finished before the exterminator comes on Monday. I want something that is quick, easy, and tasty to worm up for my lunch and dinner on Saturday and Sunday. I cooked the pasta yesterday and I'm cooking the chicken today. Once the chicken is done then I will mix it with the pasta and then mix in the canned vegetables.


Pasta, Chicken, and Canned Vegetables

Step 1: Cook one bag of pasta (you chose the size and the type).
Step 2: Cook chicken legs and thighs with their skins on (breast pieces if you prefer or you can use a whole cut up chicken).
Step 3: When chicken is done then remove skin from chicken and the chicken from the bones.
Step 4: Throw the skin and bones away because it is unwise for you to eat the skin and for your pets to eat the chicken bones.
Step 5: Divide pasta into two containers before mixing in the chicken.
Step 6: Mix half the chicken in one container of pasta and the other half of the chicken in the other.
Step 7: Put one container of the chicken-pasta mix in the refrigerator or freezer (this depends on the way your family feels about leftover and how creative you are with the recipe).
Step 8: Open the cans of vegetables you want to put with the first container of chicken and pasta. I'm having sweet peas, corn, green beans, and green salsa.
Step 9: Season with whatever seasoning you want when you heat it up to eat.

Cook's Note: If you would prefer rice with this dish then cook the rice instead of the pasta. This recipe can be made in one day if you don't mind spending the entire day in the kitchen.

No comments: