Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Midweek Reflections: Overcoming Roadblocks

Idal (Justice), 19 Bahá (Splendour), 172 BE - Wednesday, April 8, 2015 about 9:19 am Pacific Daylight Time

One of the writing.com weekly newsletters for this week was titled Overcoming Road blocks. It discussed the roadblocks the editor was having in accessing the internet. In it she encouraged the readers to find ways to overcome the roadblocks they were encountering in their writing and their life. It got me to thinking about the roadblocks confronting me.

Some of the roadblocks I encountered recently were financial and physical. In order to overcome the financial roadblock, I worked thirteen hours yesterday. I enjoyed the job, but as a results I came home with back pain from sitting in an ergonomically inappropriate chair. When I returned home between 8:00 and 8:30 pm I was exhausted and in pain, specifically back pain. Even though I had difficulty focusing, I logged onto writing.com because I had two things I had to finish before 9:00 pm PDT.

I logged on, finished the writing I has to do, and then logged off. My back still hurt, but instead of taking pain medication (which has some side effects I don't like) I went to bed. It turns out I didn't need the pain medication to sleep. I was so exhausted that I fell asleep immediately and did not wake up before the alarm went off this morning. This is unusual because I usually wake up two or three times during the night.

The money I receive from the thirteen hours of work will help pay my internet bill. I need the internet connection so that I can do surveys to make money to deal with other bills I have to pay. I made some money last month with surveys that helped pay some bills and purchase some much needed personal items. I still have the power company to deal with and some other bills to pay before the end of April.

I am placing the financial and other roadblocks in God's hands, so that I can focus on earning more money to pay the bills. I have to place my worries in a higher power because worry distracts me and removes my focus from writing or earning money to worrying about bills. If I focus on doing surveys and other things to earn money then I can focus on both earning the money and writing.


Overcome roadblocks
Place the roadblocks in God's hands
Work without worry
 

No comments: