Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Tuesday's Topic: A warm Afternoon in Las Vegas

Fiḍal (Grace), 1 Jamál (Beauty), 172 BE - Tuesday, April 28, 2015 about 2:09 pm Pacific Daylight Time

It's turning into a warm afternoon here in Las Vegas. The temperature at 1:56 pm was 84 degrees Fahrenheit and expected to get up to 86 degrees about 5:00 pm. This means I'm going to have to close the door and turn the air on in a few minutes. All though considering the commotion I'm hearing from outside, I should get up and close the door now. I don't know what's going on, but a police car just drove past.

I closed the door and stuffed a bath towel along with the long whatever you call it into the inch or half inch space between the bottom of the door and the floor to keep the cool air in. I also made myself a tall iced coffee with some water ice cubes. I would rather make my coffee with frozen coffee cubes, however, since this is the first day I've made iced coffee this year, I don't have any coffee frozen. I'll put the rest of the coffee from the carafe into trays after its cooled.

This is the first really warm day we've had this year. I turned the air from hot to cool in early March, so that I could see it the unit worked or not. It worked fine then, but since we haven't had any triple digits yet I don't know how well it will work this summer. It worked fine last summer and the only issue I had was the power bill. Of course, that's the main issue I always have in late spring and early summer. I can only hope and pray that we don't get any triple digits until August.



No comments: