Monday, April 20, 2015

Meditation Monday: My Methods of Meditation

Kamal (Perfection), 12 Jalál (Glory), 172 BE - Monday, April 20, 2015 about 7:14 am Pacific Daylight Time


Meditation Monday
I woke up giving thanks for
another beautiful day.

My normal method of meditation consists of sitting on the couch with a crocheted throw over my head. Sometimes I close my eyes and count my breath, but at other times I leave my eyes open while focusing on one of the spaces between the crochet pattern. This method I can use anytime of day or year. Recently I began a walking form of meditation after I get up and before I begin my workday.

My walking meditation
is a tranquil beginning
to another day.

This meditation exercise consist of a five minute walk between my door and my electric range. I do not go outside that early in the morning because I would have to get dressed and walk east or west on Sunrise Avenue in the dark. When I do my walking meditation I .either focus on walking, I repeat scripture verses I have memorized, or chant. It depends on how I feel and whether or not I have issues with my knees that morning. If my knees are stiff it is easier for me to focus on a scripture verse or chanting then on the act of walking. When my knees are stiff or painful my mind focuses on the pain rather then the act of walking.

No comments: