Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sundry Sunday: Father's Day

Jamál (Beauty), 11 Núr (Light), 171 BE - Sunday, June 15, 2014 about 6:24 am Pacific Daylight Time

Happy Father's Day!
Is the message I would send
Today to Daddy.

I am not sure I ever wished my father a Happy Father's Day. If I did I was so young that I do not remember saying the words to him. I do not remember saying "I love you, Daddy." either. My parents were divorced when I was quite young and I do not have that many memories of my father. I do not remember seeing him after the divorce.

I miss you Daddy
As I write this and I cry
I say a prayer.

My father died on April 14, 1998, but I did not hear about it until I did an Internet search for him and then it was too late to contact  him. I regret that I did not get to see Daddy one last time before he died. I regret that I learned about his death through an Internet search. The only way I can wish him a Happy Father's Day is to open my prayer book and say a prayer for the departed, which I did before beginning this entry.

I miss you Daddy
I want to say I love you
Kiss you on the cheek.

What do I remember about my Father? I remember Daddy carrying me on his shoulders. I remember Daddy holding my hand when we walked down the street or up the front steps. I remember the scent of Old Spice. I remember random words and sometimes I hear his voice in my mind.

No comments: