Saturday, June 21, 2014

Summary Saturday: Summer Solstice

Jalál (Glory), 17 Núr (Light), 171 BE - Saturday, June 21, 2014 about 10:19 am Pacific Daylight Time

Summer Solstice is the longest day of the year. It will not be long enough to accomplish everything I want to do today, but then no day is that long. I did do a fair job of accomplishing what I wanted this week; however, I could do better.

I think I need to change the way I do things. I either need a bit more organization or I need to set a time limit on each writing or housework project. I suspect the time limit would be better because every time I attempt to organize I start focusing on one thing to the exclusion of everything else. Also a time  limit would be easier since I have an alarm on my cellphone and an oven time on my desk. I usually only use the oven timer for timed free writes. I prefer to use it for writing I intend to edit later rather then right after I finish, but I can change the way I write.

I can also change the way I do housework. Maybe I should use the oven timer for household chores. Give myself ten or fifteen minutes to do dishes or prepare something to cook. I have no idea how that is going to work, but it will not hurt to attempt using the timer for these chores.




No comments: