Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thankful Thursday, June 27, 2013

Istiqlál (Independence), 5 Rahmat (Mercy), 170 BE – Thursday, June 27, 2013 after sunset Pacific Daylight Time

Today I am thankful...

  1. ... for iced coffee in a tall glass. I make my iced coffee by pouring a cup of hot coffee over coffee ice cubes. When I have leftover coffee, I heat it up in the microwave.
  2. ... that I received a container of milk with the June senior commodities, which I picked up on Wednesday morning.
  3. ... that I received a small jar of peanut butter with the June senior commodities.
  4. ... that I received two bottles of juice with the senior commodities. I received a bottle of apple juice in one bag and a bottle of grape juice in the other.
  5. ... that I saw a neighbor’s cat dozing in my backyard. I went into to kitchen to make a glass of coffee and when I looked out the window the cat was lying their. She (I think the cat is a she) raised her head to look at a bird.
  6. ... that I was able to purchase an individual watermelon when I went to the 99¢ store this morning. This is my first watermelon of 2013.
  7. ... that I learned a new word when I read Jane Ann  Morrison’s column in today’s edition of the Las Vegas Review-Journal. The word I learned is soporific, which refers to something that causes sleep or lethargy.
  8. ... that the 99¢ store, on the corner of East Charleston and Maryland Parkway in Las Vegas, opens at 7:00 AM. I can get in and out before the temperatures here hit triple digits.
  9. ... that I do not have a bathtub in this house. Instead of a bath, I have to take a shower. I have osteoarthritis in my knees and it is impossible for me to get out of a tub by myself.
  10. ... that I received a get well card from a friend today.



No comments: