Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer Solstice 2013

Istiqlál (Independence), 17 Núr (Light), 170 BE – Friday, June 21, 2013 about 3:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time

summer solstice heat
triple digit temperatures
partly cloudy day

It is a beautiful partly cloudy afternoon in Las Vegas. Summer solstice always brings to mind watermelons and swimming. I do not intend to go swimming because I do not have a swimsuit, but I will purchase a watermelon next time I go to the grocery store.

summer solstice heat
an ice cold watermelon
a glass of sweet tea

It is the time of year for watermelon and sweet tea. As a child, I drink sweet tea because either my grandmother made or my mother who made sweet tea. As I grew older, I stopped drinking sweet tea; however, when I turned 65 I went back to drinking sweet tea because I realized that I liked it better then unsweetened tea.

I prefer to purchase jugs of sweet tea in the store because when I make it at home I always put too much sugar in the tea. When I go to restaurants, I order raspberry tea because it has the right amount of sweetness and it quenches my thirst.

summer solstice heat
a tall raspberry ice tea
a warm afternoon

No comments: