Friday, June 07, 2013

Friday morning inspiration

Istiqlál (Independence), 3 Núr (Light), 170 BE – Friday, June 7, 2013 about 6:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time

I looked out my window about dawn and watched the oak tree across the street. Dawn’s light appeared to transform the leaves from green to orange. It was a beautiful and inspiring sight on this Friday morning. Sights like that make me want to write haiku.

dawn’s beautiful light
turns green oak leaves to orange
summer is coming

This always happens, in the few weeks before summer. I will miss this sight when I move. I know I will find new inspiration for poems wherever I live. I know that, no matter where I find myself, I will find inspiration for haiku, but I will still miss the way dawn’s light turns the oak trees green leaves orange.

bright morning sunlight
casting dark tree shaped shadow
on neighborhood lawns

It is a beautiful morning in Las Vegas, the sky is cloudless and the sun is bright. This is a good day to find inspiration for all types of poetry. I like writing haiku because they are quick (sometimes) and short. I can write them and post them without worrying about syntax or grammar the way I do with prose.

No comments: