Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Midweek Reflections on Peanut Butter and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

‘Idál (Justice), 3 Rahmat (Mercy), 170 BE – Wednesday, June 26, 2013 about 7:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time

I picked up my senior food allotment for June. Included in the two bags were peanut butter and a package of American cheese. I almost have all the ingredients for a peanut butter or grilled cheese sandwich. I lack only one ingredient and that is the bread.

I did not get bread this morning because the place where I get the free bread does not open until 9:00 am. I picked up the two bags of food just after 8:00 this morning. Since there was cheese and a container of milk in the bags, I decided to come home. I did not want to let the perishables sit in the car while I was waiting for the other place to open.

I have to get bread tomorrow so that I can have a sandwich. I believe I will go to the 99¢ store in the morning. I think that store opens around 8:00 or 8:30, so I can get to the store and back home before it gets too hot. Then I can have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or I can make a grilled cheese sandwich. I have eaten a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in almost three weeks. I did have a grilled cheese sandwich last week.

While I am at the 99¢ store, I need to purchase some coffee filters and see what kind of coffee they have. I am almost out of coffee and I will not be able to purchase any until about July 3. The 99¢ store may only have instant coffee, but that will do in a pinch. The important item right now is to bury a loaf or two of bread because I cannot have any type of sandwich without bread.

No comments: