Friday, March 15, 2013

To nap or not to nap that is the question

Istiqlál (Independence), 14 ‘Alá’ (Loftiness), 169 B.E. - Friday, March 15, 2013 about 12:40 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time

Today I got sleepy about 12:30 P.M. The same thing happened yesterday as well. I should take a nap, but if I doze I will not get anything accomplished this afternoon. I have too much to do to take a nap, at least a long nap. I might attempt a short one, the problem with afternoon naps is that they last longer then expected.

I could have another cup of coffee, it might or might not wake me up. I know coffee does not prevent me from going to sleep at night. Even if I drink a cup before I lay down it does not keep me awake. I have some grape juice in the refrigerator, which might keep me awake. Sugar will keep me awake before black coffee. I am not going to put sugar in my coffee, but I could try some chocolate in a cup.

To nap or not to nap, that is the question (sorry Shakespeare). Do I want take the chance of over napping? I am not sure a nap would help and it would cut down on the amount of work I accomplished this afternoon. Maybe I will just sit on the couch with my prayer book and meditate rather then take a nap. That way if I go to sleep, at least I will have accomplished something.

No comments: