Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Reflections on the Season: Spring

‘Idál (Justice), 12 ‘Alá’ (Loftiness), 169 B.E. - Wednesday, March 13, 2013 about 1:30 P.M. Pacific Time

The temperature is warmer, birds are singing, and trees growing leaves; at last, it is spring. I turned the thermostat down to 66 degrees a couple of days ago. The heat has not came on since I turned down the thermostat, so I think about Saturday or Sunday, if the heat does not come on again, I will turn the unit off entirely. There is no use it being on since the days are so nice here in Las Vegas.

I think I will plan a picnic for this weekend, I only have one appointment on Saturday and I can call to council it. The weather is too nice to remain in the house for long periods of time. True, I have a lot to do around the house; however, I am getting the urge to go on a picnic. I also want to visit Mom's grave and see how the cemetery looks in the spring. I know how it looks in the winter because Mom's funeral was in early December.

Mom always liked spring and picnics. She enjoyed listening to  the birds sing, watching the people in the park, and interacting with friends. Mom's 92nd birthday is March 19; maybe I will go to the cemetery that day.

No comments: