Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Midweek Reflections: Sleeping on the Couch

‘Idál (Justice), 7 Bahá (Splendor), 170 B.E. - Wednesday, March 27, 2013 about 10:55 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time

To say that I am tired of sleeping on the couch is an understatement. The problem is that I cannon sleep on any bed in this house and get a pain free and good nights sleep. I know the problem is the mattress, but I am not sure why I have some much pain when I sleep on them. It is possible they are too hard because I know they are not too soft.

I can eat before I go to bed and take a pain pill, but that does not help when I sleep in on the mattresses. I am (as I think I have written before) in less pain when I sleep on the couch or the love seat then in a bed. I am planning on moving out of this house sometime this year, so I am going to wait until after I move to get a new bedroom set or at least a new bed.

Even sleeping on the couch I do not get a good nights sleep, I am in less pain so the sleep is more restful. However, I usually wake up two or three times during the night, which does not encourage a good nights sleep. The only thing I can do about waking up two or three times is to change my bedtime and go to bed later. That helps most of the time, but not all the time. There are still some nights when I wake up every hour.

No comments: