Thursday, March 21, 2013

Celebrating Naw-Ruz

Istijlál (Majesty), 1 Bahá (Splendor), 170 BE - Thursday, March 21, 2013 about 2:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time

I went to the Naw-Ruz celebration last night at the Baha'i Center in Las Vegas. The first person I thought about when I walked in the door was my mother. Mom always enjoyed Naw-Ruz celebrations. When ever Mom and I went to a celebration, Mom always smiled because she was so happy. I enjoyed the celebration, I know Mom would have enjoyed the celebration this year as she as well.

I know that I will never be able to attend a Holy Day celebration or a nineteen-day Feast without think of my Mother. I am amazed at how many memories of the Feast and Holy Day celebrations are center around Mom. I became a Baha'i several years before Mom declared, but the ones I remember best are those that Mom and I attended together.

I cried last night because I missed Mom. I will cry at other Holy Day celebrations and Feast because I miss Mom. I will continue to attend because eventually the tears will stop and all I will remember are the good times Mom and I had together.

No comments: