Tuesday, January 01, 2013

New Year's Day 2013

Fidal (Grace), 2 Sharaf (Honor), 169 B.E. - Tuesday, January 1, 2013 about 9:05 A.M. Pacific Time

On January 1, my Grandmother always made black eyed peas, so today I have a batch of  black eyed peas in the slow cooker. Yesterday, I washed them and then put them onto soak because this is the way you make black eyed peas. I seldom buy canned black eyed peas, I think it is because Grandma never fixed black eyed peas from a can. When the peas are about done, I add the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker.

When I went to the grocery store yesterday, I bought a package of cornbread already made and a whole pumpkin pie. All right, when Grandma fixed her New Year's Day meal she always made her own cornbread and pumpkin pies. I buy these items already made because it is easier for me then making them and cleaning up after the meal. In addition, I only have a microwave oven and I have not attempted to make cornbread or bake a pie in the microwave. I will attempt both of those projects sometime in 2013, but not on January 1.


No comments: