Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Two months and counting

Fiḍál (Grace), 11 Sulṭán (Sovereignty), 169 B.E. - Tuesday, January 29, 2013 about 4:15 P.M. Pacific Time

Precisely two months ago, Mom passed away. I miss her today as much as the day she passed. I know I will always miss her, but eventually the anniversary of her death will be just another day. At least I hope that will be the case because I want to remember Mom as she was when she lived and not the day she died.

I received a certificate though the mail today. It said that a seedling is being planted in memory of Mom. I think it is fitting that I received this certificate today, because it symbolizes life rather then death. It symbolizes a beginning rather then an ending. A seedling in memory of my mother will help in the reforestation project overseen by the Forest Service.

No comments: