Saturday, January 26, 2013

Cornbread on Saturday Afternoon

Jalál (Glory), 8 Sulṭán (Sovereignty), 169 B.E. - Saturday, January 26, 2013 about 2:45 P.M. Pacific Time

I made a casserole dish of cornbread this morning. I know that I should have used another type of baking pan, but I made cooked the cornbread in the microwave and the casserole dish was the only microwave safe contain big enough. Since I did not want to go to the store and look for the proper microwave safe baking pan I improvised.

This morning, after finishing the cornbread I fixed it with a can of soup. This afternoon, I will fix something else with the cornbread. Perhaps I will fix it with peanut butter and jelly or melt some cheese over the cornbread. I fixed a peanut butter sandwich with the last two slices of regular bread yesterday. I purposely did not purchase any bread this week because I knew I would fix the cornbread for Saturday and Sunday.

I do not like to have much bread in the house because there is a good chance it will mold or go stale before I eat it. The cornbread will last this weekend, I just have to figure out different foods to eat with it. I might try adding some vegetarian beans to the cheese and cornbread or maybe some other type of vegetable like peas or carrots.

No comments: